Monday, November 3, 2008

Hey all - sorry I've been MIA lately :) Just busy (not sure busy doing what, but busy none-the-less). Here's a link that I thought may be of interest - it's a chart (with lots of other interesting information) that shows the number of children orphaned by AIDS in Africa, listed by country. Sometimes I'm not sure if telling people about these numbers really helps....it's such an overwhelming, in many ways, unimaginable amount of children, that sometimes I think people's eyes glaze over when you try and explain the pandemic that is happening right before our eyes. You'll notice that Ethiopia has about 650,000 orphaned kids due to losing parents to AIDS - in my own mind, I figure that's over 6 packed U of M stadiums....full of kids who no longer have a parent.

Here's the link.

1 comments:

tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt said...

It is overwhelming, but it gives us a glimps of your heart and the heart of God! I know it has been hard lately Sis, even though we haven't spoken recently, but keep pressing on...Love, Tim