Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Did someone say Skydiving?

Yup - someone sure did! Kimmy and I went skydiving on Saturday - we've both wanted to do it for a long time and since she left for S. Africa today, we had to fit it in before she left :) It was an absolutely gorgeous day and we had a ball (and can't wait to do it again!). Check out the pic's - although you wouldn't think it - falling from 10,000 feet is really hard work!

Me w/ the SkyDiveInc sign :)


That would be me and my man Bill practicing how we are going to get out of the plane (10,000 feet in the air, going 80 MPH, on a platform the size of a shoe box, hooked together in 4 spots).

Bill again - hilarious guy but super professional and made us feel really safe! (a definite must for novice skydivers!)

Picture of Bill, Kimmy and her tandem guy Harley - we crammed 5 of us in this teeny-tiny plane!

Me - (will Bill looking very focused over my shoulder) just as I'm about to get out of the plane. You can probably guess what I'm thinking at this very moment - "I'm about to do WHAT???"

Anyway, it was an amazing experience and the place we went to was great (SkyDiveInc in Hastings, MI). We free fell for 6,000 feet (during which it's really cold and hard to breathe - sounds fun, huh?!), and then played in the parachute for another 4,000. The whole thing took probably like 7 minutes - but was totally worth it! If anyone wants to come next time - just let me know :)

P.S. On the adoption front I really feel like God is giving me clarity day by day - I've talked w/ several very Godly people who I know, trust, respect, and admire, but most importantly have just been seeking the face and wisdom of my Lord. I'll keep you all posted once I know "for sure" about what direction I'm taking :) Thank you again for your continued prayers - they mean the world to me!

2 comments:

tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt said...

Oh my goodness! That's awesome! I didn't realize you were doing this so soon! How fun! I can't wait to hear more!

On another note...my excitement for you and your adoption continues to grow as we just received our first Ethiopia referrals last week for two of our families!!!

Sarah said...

I am trying to get the guts up to sky dive, very encouraged by your experience! I was actually on your blog to get the address for my client you said I could connect you with- thanks for your willingness to share! Sarah Zuidema (Bethany Holland)